The shot blasting turbines mainly wear resistance parts including side guard plate, rear guard plate, top guard plate, blades, distributor, and control cage. If the wearing parts are severely worn and not replaced in time, the service life of the shot blasting machine will be affected. When the shot blasting machine vibrates too much or abnormal noise occurs, the machine must be shut down to check the use of the wearing parts and check whether foreign objects enter the shot blasting machine.
After each shift, check the wear of the wearing parts of the shot blasting turbines.
The blades are the wearing parts that rotate at high speed and are most easily worn out. The wear of the blades should be checked frequently. When the following situations occur, the blades should be replaced.
- The blade thickness is reduced by 4-5mm
- The blade length is reduced by 4-5mm
- The shot blaster vibrates severely
If the shot blasting turbines are installed in a shot blasting chamber that is easy for personnel to enter, the blade can be inspected in the shot blasting chamber; if it is difficult for maintenance personnel to enter the shot blasting chamber, the top plate of the shot blasting turbines must be opened outside the shot blasting chamber for inspection.
Note: When the blade is replaced, all the blades should be replaced; the weight difference between the replaced blades should not exceed 5g, otherwise there will be greater vibration when the shot blasting machine works.
The distributor is located in the control cage of the shot blasting turbine, which is usually inconvenient for inspection. You can check the wear of the distributor every day when the blade is replaced.
If the distributor continues to be used after it is worn out, the projectile diffusion angle will increase, which will accelerate the wear of the shot blasting turbine guard plate, and affect the cleaning effect and efficiency. If the outer diameter of the distributor wears 10-12mm, the distributor needs to be replaced.
The main function of the control cage is to adjust the spray angle of the shot blasting turbines, so the direction adjustment of the control cage is particularly important for the use of the shot blasting machine. Before the new shot blasting machine is used, the position of the control cage must be adjusted correctly, so that as many projectiles as possible are projected to the surface of the workpiece to ensure the cleaning effect and the service life of the wear protection plate of the shot blasting chamber.
- Paint black ink on the board or spread a piece of thick paper, and place it on the position of the workpiece to be cleaned.
- Turn on the shot blasting turbines, and manually add a small amount of steel shot into the quicksand tube of the shot blasting turbines.
- Turn off the shot blasting turbines. If the position of the ejection belt is advance, the position of the control cage will be adjusted in the opposite direction after the shot blasting turbines. After adjustment, go to the second step to continue to check whether the adjustment is in place.
- After reaching the satisfactory result, mark the position of the control cage window on the shell of the shot blasting turbine for reference when replacing the blades, distributor, and control cage later.
Control cage wear inspection:
- If the window is worn within 10mm and the window is worn at 5mm, it is necessary to extend the position mark of the control cage to rotate the control cage against the impeller rotation by 5mm; the window is worn by 5mm, and the position mark of the control cage needs to be extended to rotate the control cage against the impeller by 5mm.
- The control cage needs to be replaced if the window is worn out by 10mm.