What are the safe operating procedures for sandblasting rooms and sandblasters? The following is a detailed description of these two aspects of knowledge. Among them, the safety operating procedures of the sandblasting room are divided into several parts, including inspection, sanding, sandblasting, sandblasting, shutdown and other parts before starting up. Hope The following introductions will enable readers to understand the safe operating procedures of the sandblasting room and sandblasting workers.
The safe operation rules of the sandblasting room
- Check before starting
(1) Check whether the safety shields are complete and fixed reliably.
(2) Check whether the control power supply is connected reliably and whether the grounding is reliable.
(3) Check whether the main gas circuit connection is firm and reliable and whether the fasteners are loose.
(4) Check whether the pipes such as the handle switch circuit and the sandblasting pipe are damaged, whether the joints and spray guns are worn, and whether the joints and spray guns are worn.
(5) Check whether the soft connection parts are damaged.
(6) Check whether the oil level in the fan coupling meets the requirements. Any abnormalities or non-compliance with requirements must be dealt with and replaced in time to prevent accidents.
(7) Gas storage tanks, pressure gauges, and safety valves should be inspected regularly. The filter element in the sand tank should be inspected and sorted out once a week, and the filter element should be replaced according to the degree of loss of the filter element.
- Add sand
(1) Check whether the size of the selected sand material meets the requirements of the specification.
(2) The blasting particle size should be consistent with the work requirements.
(3) Clean the foreign matter in the abrasive when adding sand.
- Test sandblasting
(1) The air compressor and ventilation and dust removal equipment must be started five minutes before work, and run dry for five minutes to observe whether the operation is normal.
(2) The compressed air valve should be opened slowly, and the air pressure must not exceed 0.8mpa. Carefully observe whether the fan is operating normally.
(1) Move the work into the blasting room and place it in a stable manner. Small pieces must be allowed to be fixed.
(2) Turn on the back-blowing air source and back-blowing control switch.
(3) Wear sandblasting overalls and protect them before sandblasting.
(4) Hold the spray gun (the muzzle is not allowed to face people), aim the muzzle at the sandblasting part of the workpiece, and activate the handle switch to start work.
(5) During sandblasting operations, no unrelated persons are allowed to approach. When cleaning and adjusting the operating parts, the machine should be ordered and the power supply should be cut off.
- Shut down
(1) Turn off the handle switch and stop the sandblasting operation.
(2) Turn off the dust removal fan.
(3) After the dust removal fan stops, keep the back-blowing air source and back-blowing power supply to continue back-blowing the dust for about 5 minutes.
(4) Turn off the air source and power supply.
(5) Clean the equipment, tidy up sandblasting tools and protective devices.
(6) Clean up dust.
(1) Regularly clean the abrasives and dust adhering to the filter cartridge of the dust collector to ensure the normal operation of the equipment.
(2) Before starting the machine, the ball valve at the bottom of the air bag must be opened to drain the condensed water of the air bag, so as not to affect the blowback effect.
Safety operating rules for sandblasters
- When working, you must wear dust masks and protective glasses.
- Before sandblasting, start the ventilation and dust removal equipment and check whether all parts of the equipment are normal.
- When there is no ventilation and dust removal equipment or the ventilation and dust removal equipment fails, sandblasting is not allowed.
- The sandblasting chamber door and observation glass window must be closed before sandblasting can be carried out.
- When starting the sandblasting machine, turn on the compressed air switch first, and then turn on the sand controller; when shutting down, stop the sand controller first, and then stop the compressed air.
- The observation glass must be transparent. The nozzle of the sandblasting should be kept unblocked, and repaired if it is blocked, and the sandblasting machine should not be hit.
How many indispensable benefits does the sandblasting room have?
- Compatible with environmental regulations
- Keep the plant environment clean
- Avoid air pollution caused by open-air blasting
- Switch to indoor sandblasting
- Switching to an expensive chemical stripping method at the front end
- Cost of chemicals and their handling
- Protect employees from dust and toxic chemicals
- Material costs are eliminated by switching from expensive single-use sand to recyclable abrasives
- Use abrasive media to remove corrosion, scale, old coating, debris, burrs
- Provide anchoring patterns to promote better paint adhesion
- Sandblasting with penning media improves the fatigue life of steels and many other metals
- Easily sandblasting of heavy and large components
- Sandblasting in an enclosed room reduces weather restrictions in open-air sandblasting
- Sandblasting rooms is customized according to component specifications
Application of sandblasting room
The application of sandblasting room is wide, we can generally summarize it as below:
1. Pretreatment of electroplating, paint spraying, coating, etc. to completely clean the surface and improve the adhesion and anti-corrosion ability.
2. Cleaning the mill scale/residues/dirt of casting/pressing /welding/heat treatment work piece, cleaning the surface of non-metal items, cleaning the black spots on the ceramic embryo surface, restoring paint grain pattern, etc.
3. Refurnishing sports part of car, motorcycle, electromechanical device, etc., eliminating fatigue stress and extending working life.
4. Removing surface marks of metal/non-metal items, dumb face and fog treatment processing to enhance the product grade.
5. Dumb face and fog treatment of mould, text composition, mould cleaning without damage to the mould.
6. Removing the tiny burrs of mechanical parts and injection plastic parts.
7. Removing unqualified covering，color and printing of products.
8. Enhancing the surface hardness of metal work piece and eliminating stress, such as processing plane vane, spring, machining knife, weapons etc.
9. Blast rooms come in many sizes, some of which are big enough to accommodate very large or uniquely shaped objects like rail cars, commercial and military vehicles, construction equipment, and aircraft.
Benefits of sandblasting room
Via removal of rust, coatings, and other surface materials sandblasting can make sure the new coatings better adhere to the surface of the item. Sandblasting is more friendly for the environment. It not only eliminates chemical clean costs but also can reduce toxic chemical exposure. The sandblasting room can allow companies to arrange the production under the control of the weather conditions, time of the day, or other activities that occurred nearby. This multi-function machine can save more costs, and in fact, the sandblasting room can pay for itself in just a year.
Requirements and preparation of sandblasting room
The sandblasting system relies on a modern, well-designed sandblasting chamber to ensure a closed, controlled, and clean environment for abrasive recovery. Whether it is to remove an existing coating or to prepare a surface for a new coating, it is essential to use an air compressor for optimal surface treatment.
Sandblasting rooms also have many sizes and material preparation requirements. Some factors to consider include the size and weight of the maximum workpiece, material handling method, sandblasting time, and base material. Also, the width and length of the room had to be increased by four to five feet, depending on the size of the largest piece. The height of the room is also determined by the largest workpiece, but material handling plays an important role in this.
Components and design of the sandblasting room
The dust collection system is the key component of the sandblasting room. Reverse pulse cartridge precipitators are now standard because they have a reliable exhaust motor that takes the air out of space and traps it in the filter. These collectors also feature enhanced pleated paper to improve filtration efficiency and reduce size requirements for the facility’s dust collection system. Proper maintenance, such as occasional dusting of ink cartridges, is also important. However, some modern techniques allow self-cleaning through a brief reverse flow of air. Pulse sensing technology differentiates the pressure between the clean and dirty sides of the filter. The dust collector must produce 50 feet of air per minute through the enclosure. The production of dust or hazardous materials may even require rates of up to 100 FPM.
Whether you need to remove abrasive material from the inside of the tank car or from smaller gaps or containers, your plan should include vacuum recovery. Blasting medium recovery systems should be carefully analyzed, as an efficient recovery system is essential to minimize cleanup time and overall project costs. Efficient capture of the media for delivery to the recovery point and reliable transport of the media to cleaner areas are essential for normal performance.
Manufacturers and distributors of these systems typically offer a variety of recovery solutions for all or part of the floor space installation. With no moving parts, pneumatic recovery systems work well with lightweight media such as agriculture, plastics, glass beads, and alumina. Mechanical flooring reduces procurement and installation costs and utilizes pneumatic power. It also has trapezoidal steel blades to provide power.
The spiral bottom plate is generally used for steel sand and steel shot. Although they are more expensive and require more digging, they are best at moving the heaviest abrasives.
The cleaning system requires regular shut down for cleaning, which is very suitable for infrequent or irregular blasting needs. These floors use swing technology to move abrasive and dust to cross plates or screw conveyors.