The main feature of a sandblasting room is that the operator is inside the room during the blasting process. A protective suit and a helmet protect the operator from abrasive impact, and a fresh air supply provides sufficient ventilation through the blaster‘s helmet.
Abrasive transportation is another distinct advantage in the machine design. As well as the proven scarper recovery type floor with its small installation depth, QGMA MACHINERY has extensive experience in screw conveyors and vibratory rows for abrasive transportation. High efficient automated abrasive reclaiming system, abrasive reclaimed automatically and simultaneously done, which allows immediate restart of blasting process. And working radius up to 40 meters, surface treatment level can reach Sa2.5-3. To ensure the high shot-blasting performance and protect the wall, the grinding-resistant rubber is installed on the room wall.
Sandblasting room is used for big components, forging, engineering machinery, locomotive vehicle, etc.. In combination with nozzle manipulators installed in the blasting room, surfaces can be automatically processed and areas that are hard to access can be blasted manually.
Blast rooms are large sandblasting enclosures designed to handle work too large even for the biggest blast cabinet. A blast room contains both the work piece and the operator. A dust collection system provides visibility; recovery floor sections convey the spent abrasive to an abrasive cleaning system which returns only good abrasive to the blast machine. Blast rooms consist of several key components that need to work in harmony with each other, such as dust collector, abrasive recovery floor, blast pots, abrasive reclamation and cleaning system etc..
The application of sandblasting room is wide, we can generally summarize it as below:
1. Pretreatment of electroplating, paint spraying, coating, etc. to completely clean the surface and improve the adhesion and anti-corrosion ability.
2. Cleaning the mill scale/residues/dirt of casting/pressing /welding/heat treatment work piece, cleaning the surface of non-metal items, cleaning the black spots on the ceramic embryo surface, restoring paint grain pattern, etc.
3. Refurnishing sports part of car, motorcycle, electromechanical device, etc., eliminating fatigue stress and extending working life.
4. Removing surface marks of metal/non-metal items, dumb face and fog treatment processing to enhance the product grade.
5. Dumb face and fog treatment of mould, text composition, mould cleaning without damage to the mould.
6. Removing the tiny burrs of mechanical parts and injection plastic parts.
7. Removing unqualified covering，color and printing of products.
8. Enhancing the surface hardness of metal work piece and eliminating stress, such as processing plane vane, spring, machining knife, weapons etc.
9. Blast rooms come in many sizes, some of which are big enough to accommodate very large or uniquely shaped objects like rail cars, commercial and military vehicles, construction equipment, and aircraft.
Dust collector of the sandblasting room
Dust collection systems are critical components in abrasive blast rooms. These days, reverse pulse cartridge dust collectors are standard since they feature a reliable exhaust motor that brings air out of the space and traps it in filters. These collectors also have a reinforced pleated paper, which increases filter efficiency and reduces the size requirements of facility dust collection systems. Proper maintenance, such as occasionally removing the dust on the cartridge, is also important. However, some modern technology allows for self-cleaning via brief, reversed airflow. Pulse-sensing technology can differentiate pressure between clean and dirty sides of filters. Dust collectors must generate 50 feet per minute of airflow through the enclosure. Rates of up to 100 fpm may even be required for dusty material or the production of hazardous materials.
All components are tested and assembled prior to delivery to ensure that the blast room can be erected and operational in the shortest time-frame.
And our section floor offers a unique means of abrasive recovery with many advantages when compared with other blast room designs.