Power Requirement of Wheel and Air systems
For abrasive flow of 2100 Lbs per minute
- 21 operators
- ½” nozzles
- Compressed air consumption 350ft³/min
- Compressor power 1400 kW
4 wheels 20 HP each
80 HP (60 KW)
Energy factor 24 !!!
• Velocity of shot easily controlled through wheel speed.
• High flow rate of abrasive will provide high production.
• Economical – one wheel can throw 300 lbs per minute with a 15 HP
wheel equal to five 3/8” nozzles at direct pressure at 80 psi at a
power requirement of 190 HP.
• Self contained unit does not require a compressor.
• Can only use metallic media.
• Can damage delicate parts.
• Not good for localized peening.
• Greater abrasive consumption.